Terms for Web Design and Development
My terms for website projects are described here. They should help us when we work together. Please note that sometimes a more extensive contract would be agreed. Yet, this page should give you an idea of the terms between us. The terms are primarily for web design projects but also include web hosting and domain names.
Before the Work Starts
- A specification is agreed before any work on a project starts. This will be decided together and will be determined before a price is given for the project. If I provide you with an estimate for work before a full specification is provided, this is only an estimate. The price may change when the full specification is decided. A full specification would normally need all website content to be provided and the functionality agreed.
- After a specification is agreed, a price and estimated start and completion date will be provided to the client (providing deposits are paid on time).
- Here are my rates and prices.
Payments and Deposit
- After a price is agreed, a 30% deposit will be invoiced; it must be paid and cleared in McGonigle Web Solutions’s bank account before any work starts.
- The remaining 70% will be invoiced after my involvement in the project is complete, regardless of the involvement of other parties. The final payment of 70% must be paid within 7 working days (as specified on invoices) of my involvement in the project being complete.
- If the project takes longer than 1 month, I ask for an interim payment(s) based on the work completed. Interim payment(s) will reduce the final 70% payment.
- The deposit is only refundable if no work starts.
- For smaller jobs, the deposit is at my discretion and may vary.
- If, at any stage, you change your mind about what you want to be delivered and are not happy with the direction our work is taking you’ll pay us in full for the time we’ve spent working with you until that point; and we would agree to terminate the project.
- I will make every effort to meet the agreed completion date. Sometimes, circumstances change and if for any reason I cannot meet the agreed completion date I will endeavour to notify you in plenty of time.
- Any requests for extra work or changes to the project must be supplied in writing (for example, by email).
- Requests for extra work or changes to the project specification after the specification is agreed, or are requested after the project has started, will affect the agreed completion date and agreed price. Any requests for extra work or changes to the project will be quoted for and, if agreed, will be invoiced in advance as an interim payment.
- If, for whatever reason, the client would like to move the completion date to an earlier time than agreed, a “rush fee” will apply, although this will be agreed before the rush work is started.
- In addition to testing and checks that I carry out, it is the client’s responsibility to check over the finished project.
- I build the website to follow current web standards (within the agreed specification and budget). It will be tested to support the latest versions of Microsoft Edge, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome. If you need further browser support, this should be discussed at the start of the project and can be included in the original quote and price.
- I test the site on Windows and Mac platforms.
- If the site specification includes a mobile device friendly design (a responsive design), I will test the site on Android smartphone, tablet, and an Apple iOS device. Other testing can be arranged but will add to the costs.
Web Hosting Costs
- Web hosting is payable yearly in advance or monthly by standing order. You must notify me by email to cancel. No refunds are given if hosting is cancelled.
- Web hosting accounts will be suspended a week after the invoice is due if payment has not been received. This means that a website won’t be visible to visitors. It can be restored on full payment of the invoice.
- Domain names are purchased on your behalf and you own the name.
- I ask for payment within 7 days for completed web design projects. For other work, e.g smaller web development jobs, it is 14 days.
- For the Website Health Check, the terms are immediate payment before the work starts.
- I am not VAT registered.
The Last Bit
- Paying the first 33% deposit acts as an agreement for the above terms.
- Paying for smaller jobs or my Website Health Check also acts as an agreement with the above.